Peugeot RCZ 2.0 HDI Sport 163
What is it?
PEUGEOT’S answer to the Audi TT. Stunning RCZ was a hit when it was unveiled at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show – now it’s leapt from the show stand to the showroom pretty much untouched. Engines include two 1.6-litre turbo petrols with either 156bhp or 200bhp. The Peugeot RCZ is tested here in most business-friendly form – the 163bhp 2.0-litre HDi, priced from £22,695.
- That concept car shape. With a stunning ‘double-bubble’ roof…
- …and metal rails, this coupe turns heads like few others
- Huge expanses of glass let in plenty of light
- Smooth, refined diesel offers lots of punch with 0-60mph in nine seconds
- And plenty of in-gear response for easy overtaking
- Returns 53mpg and emits just 132g/km of CO2
- So useful for business car fleets and company car drivers
- Company car tax rating only 20% in 2011/12
- Chassis isn’t short of grip or agility
- Decent-sized boot
- While the rear looks incredible, the front just looks like a Peugeot
- Rear seats are tiny…treat them as extra luggage space
- Weighty diesel engine makes steering heavy, lacks feel too
- Cabin feels like a more glitzy 308…
- …and that big clock on the dash is just naff
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||329 (CH)/£395 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||19%, 20%, 21%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||2.0-litre 4cyl turbo|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.