Key features of Renault Koleos SUV
- Dynamique S NAV will be most popular specification with fleets because of impressive specification
- Simple £2,003 walkup from Dynamique S to range-topping Signature NAV
- 40% RV means just £249 monthly contract hire figure for the Dynamique S NAV trim
Renault has a rejuvenated range and a new range-topper in the form of the Renault Koleos SUV. Martyn Collins catches up with product manager Yann Le-Graet at the launch to see what’s on offer to fleet buyers.
- Renault has completed its SUV set with the Koleos. What do you think are going to be the key features of this car for fleet buyers?
“It’s got to be the high-level of standard equipment. On the Dynamique S NAV, you already have all the driving aids and no compromise on the safety. The panoramic roof is also standard, which lightens up the cabin. In terms of technology, we have the R-Link infotainment system, parking camera, climate control and smartphone replication. We can call it an entry-level, but it is loaded with standard kit.
“If you want to indulge yourself some more, features such as the full-LED headlights, the auto-opening tailgate and the 8.7-inch screen for the R-Link system are standard on the range-topping Signature NAV version. But the Dynamique S NAV already is very well kitted out.”
- Do you think the Dynamique S is going to be most popular with fleets?
“Yes, the Dynamique S NAV 2.0-litre dCi 175, automatic four-wheel drive is going to be the most popular.
“The only option is what colour to go for, there’s no other options on that car! This makes it easier for the customer and if they want anything else there’s the Signature NAV. For the user-chooser instead of adding options they can move to the model above, although Dynamique S NAV will fit most customers.
“If you want leather seats, they are standard with the Signature and you benefit from the RV uplift. It’s just a £2,003 uplift from Dynamique S to Signature.”
- Any idea of monthly contract hire values for the Koleos?
“They are amazing! With the Dynamique S dCi 130, the offer starts at £249 for a three-year, 36,000 mile term. We’ve managed to get a really competitive 40% RV, plus there’s all the kit in the car and we’re competitively priced.
“With this RV we are in the basket of other SUVs, with the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Ford Edge, we’re one percentage point above the Koreans – it’s even better than the Kadjar.”
- Coming back into this sector, most of your sales have got to be conquest haven’t they?
“Yes this is going to be 100% conquest, as we’ve been away from the D-Segment since 2011 and we’re not known for our D-Segment vehicles. But, we’re back with an SUV body style, that works well at the moment. This car will raise our brand image, like the Captur and Kadjar that came before it.”
- So the Koleos is going to be more of a fleet option than retail?
“It’s going to be a car fleet option – without daily rental and Motability. 53% of sales being the Dynamique S, with the remaining 47% being the range-topping Signature.”
- Which sectors do you think you’ll be gaining traction from with Koleos sales?
“C-SUV owners, who are looking for a more powerful engine, with the Kadjar the most powerful engine is the 165 petrol or the 130 diesel.
“We are a good alternative against both the Nissan X-Trail and Ford Edge – the Koleos ticks all the boxes. It has a good spec at a very competitive price. It also has a new name and is a new car that attracts attention.”
- Are you doing anything differently to get the Koleos out to potential fleet buyers?
“At the moment there is a fleet of demo cars, which are going across the country to all the customers we have at the moment. There’s a huge opportunity with this car. It is the first time we’ve got a fully rejuvenated range from Clio to Koleos, they all look alike and are offered to fleet operators.”