TomTom Go 5100
- Retail price £259.99
- 5” Interactive screen
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic via Built-in SIM
- Lifetime World Maps – Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost, for the lifetime of your device.
- Lifetime Fixed and Mobile Speed Camera Updates
- TomTom MyDrive on a PC, tablet or smartphone, to see real-time traffic information, send destinations to your TomTom GO and always know when to leave so you arrive on time
- 3D Maps – See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D
- Tap & Go- Tap on your favourite destination on the map, and you’re on your way.
- Speak & GO – Control your device with your voice
- Quick Search- Find your destination faster with intuitive search results
- MyTomTom account to download new maps and updates.
NOW, we know many business cars come with all the kit these days including a satnav. Which is great.
But sometimes these can be expensive as part of the car’s original equipment; and sometimes, of course, you need a satnav because the car simply doesn’t have a satnav.
Which is the case with me: I run a Nissan Figaro. It’s the retro Nissan based on a 1991 Micra. It’s fabulous and I love it, especially with the roof down on a sunny day.
Now while I do my Business Car Manager duties in a home office, I also have another business as an interior designer.
So sometimes I have to go and visit clients where – well, to be honest I have no idea where they live. So printing out Google maps has been my usual plan of action.
But its not really good enough: a satnav was required and a TomTom is the go-to brand.
So I’ve just got this TomTom Go 5100 model which I’ll be reviewing.
It’s installed on the mount attached to the windscreen and I look forward to using it in earnest.
Key features of the latest TomTom Go include the ability to send destinations from your smartphone or computer to your TomTom GO via the TomTom MyDrive website, where you can review and plan routes with multiple stopovers, or check out for live traffic information.
For the first time there’s also Lifetime World Maps and Speed Cameras – which means you’ll always know where a speed camera sits for the lifetime of the device.
I look forward to really using its many capabilities.