A new, lower-tax version of the Audi A5 Coupe has been launched.
The new Audi A5 model will be powered by a 170PS 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine.
Engine torque, which provides that low-down driveability, is 350Nm from under 2000rpm.
It will be available in front-wheel drive for £28,485. And with quattro four-wheel drive for £30,010.
The Audi A5 2.0 TDI can sprint to 62mph in 8.3 seconds, but has fuel economy of 53.3mpg. CO2 emissions are 140g/km, which means the car sits in the 19% business car tax band.
Until now, the Audi A5 1.8 TFSI was the lowest A5 model on business car tax. It has a 21% tax rating.
The Audi A5 2.0 TDI quattro accelerates to 62mph in 8.2 seconds; fuel economy is 47.9mpg. CO2 emissions are 156g/km, which places the four-wheel drive version in the 22% business car tax band. (For more on business car tax bands see Tax: company car taxation table.)
The new Audi A5 2.0 TDI models will be available from March 2009.
New S line specification for Audi A5
Audi is also extending the choice of models with the introduction of its sporty S line trim across the Audi A5 range.
S line specification features: 18-inch alloys; S line front and rear bumper design; side sill extensions; and xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights.
Audi A5 S line versions carry a premium of £2,250 over the standard specification.
New Audi A5 2.0 TDI prices
- A5 2.0 TDI £28,485
- A5 2.0 TDI Sport £29,435
- A5 2.0 TDI S line £30,735
- A5 2.0 TDI quattro £30,010
- A5 2.0 TDI quattro Sport £30,960
- A5 2.0 TDI quattro S line £32,260
Audi A5 S line standard specification
- 18-inch five-spoke S line alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres
- Sports suspension (S line suspension available at no extra cost)
- S line side sill extensions and front and rear bumper design
- Xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
- Three-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel
- S line embossed sports seats upholstered in Milano leather
- Perforated leather gear knob
- Three-zone climate control
- Rear acoustic parking
- Driver’s Information System in colour
- Audi Concert audio, single CD, 10 speakers, 180-watt output
- Electric front windows
New 2.0-litre diesel joins range from March