Nissan Micra 1.2 DiG-S Acenta 98PS
What is it?
Nissan is calling it ‘New Micra’ but don’t be fooled, this is just a facelifted car featuring new exterior styling, a higher quality interior and some new technology on board the supermini.
Company car tax is just £23 a month for a basic rate tax payer
It’s based on the same platform as before and comes with the same range of engines as before, too, namely a 1.2-litre three-cylinder with 80PS and a supercharged DIG-S version with 98PS and CO2 emissions as low as 99g/km.
- Nissan has made the Micra look sportier and even a little bit more masculine – the bonnet, front wings, grille and rear have all been tweaked.
- The cabin has been changed about, too, with fresh air vents on the centre console, which is now finished in a classy gloss black.
- Buyers can now get an upgraded NissanConnect sat nav system, featuring a larger 5.8-inch screen and more functionality.
- The DIG-S engine is great fun, it makes a good noise and boasts a 0-62mph time of 11.3 seconds.
- It’s also great for company car drivers, with monthly payments for the mid-spec Acenta model working out at just £23 for standard rate company car tax payers.
- The Micra’s compact footprint and tight turning circle make it a great city car. It can even be specified with a system that measures parking spaces for you to see if you can fit in.
- The controls are all light and easy to use, which makes it great for nipping through busy streets and performing low speed manoeuvres.