IT may be a while since we took our driving test but for those who haven’t, and for those who may need to take it again, here are a few tips.
For the most part, we tend to forget the fact that the aspect of expectations itself tend to ruin things for us. This is because when we have a picture of what to expect and things don’t go that way, we tend to feel let down.
Whether you are talking about Driving lessons in Birmingham or anywhere else, this is a fact. Then again, if you have an overall picture of what to expect, on the whole, you will find the very thought of your first driving lesson much less unnerving than before. Here are five things to expect from your first driving lesson:-
- Forget about jumping straight into the driver’s seat: Out of all the misconceptions that people have about their first driving lesson, this one undoubtedly takes the cake. Quite a few beginners seem to think that the instructor will give them a few minutes worth of pointers about what and what not to do while driving followed by an instant drive after that.If anything, a qualified instructor will make sure that you are taken to a quiet secluded location where he will teach you all of the driving basic by making you watch him and follow his example. Most of all, they will ensure that the process is done slowly so that the beginner understands in the best possible way.
- You will end up switching seats a fair number of times: For all those who are wondering what this actually means, your instructor will switch seats with you to make sure that you know how to start the car smoothly or even ensure a proper grip on the steering wheel. Simply listening and watching is not enough as your learning does have to be put to the test from time to time. The combination of theoretical explanation and a real-life demo cannot be beaten.
- The instructor will answer all of your queries: Don’t ever make the mistake of assuming that your instructor will only answer a few questions and leave it at that. After all, so one is bound to have quite a few questions on their minds. There are no two ways about that. So ask as many questions about anything and everything that you are not comfortable with. Always remember – the instructor is there to help you out in the best way he can.
- The mirror is more important than you realise: The mirror is not just for reversing but also for seeing both sides of your car, thus giving you a wider perspective on driving. You can certainly expect your instructor to point out the importance of the mirror while discussing the various controls and instruments of the car.
- You will get a personalised report: Many driving schools give a personalised report after the very first day of driving class, giving both the students and their parents, a good idea of where they stand. Not to mention that the report can be accessed online at any time.
Finally, since driving schools differ from one another on a considerable level, one should not expect the above list to happen in the exact same manner. It is to be expected that some schools out there will prioritise certain aspects of driving over others and not all of them will be uniform across the board.
Having said that, you can be sure of the fact that any professional and experienced driving school out there will keep the above five pointers high on their list of priorities with regard to beginner drivers and students. There is little doubt of that fact.
After reading the above pointers, you should probably be feeling a lot less nervous about your first day behind the wheel. But even if you aren’t, there is still nothing to really worry about in general. After all, it is your first time in general so how can you expect things to go completely smoothly in every aspect? You can be sure that for the most part, that is not going to happen. In fact, it almost never happens, except in the cases of a select few. So in that regard, you just need to sit back and let the class take its course.