Greg Taylor profile:
- Appointed commercial director of Essential Fleet Services
- Past 3 years on board of ALD, latterly as operations director
- A qualified accountant, has 19 years’ experience in contract hire & leasing
- Joined Leaseplan as financial planning & analysis manager in 1997 before being appointed head of sales
- Joined board of ING Car Lease in 2001 as commercial director, retaining position on acquisition of ING by Alphabet in 2011
Greg has over 19 years’ experience within the contract hire and leasing industry with a background in finance, sales and operations.
A qualified accountant, he first joined Leaseplan as financial planning & analysis manager in 1997 before being appointed head of sales.
He then joined the board of ING Car Lease in 2001 as commercial director, a position he retained during the acquisition of ING by Alphabet in 2011. He has spent the last three years on the board at ALD.
Essential Fleet Services
- A leading provider of specialist vehicle contract leasing, short-term vehicle rentals and fleet management and maintenance, to public and private sector clients across the UK.
- Company is underpinned by a network of expert service centres and has scale through national infrastructure.
- It has over 40 years’ experience and is the largest provider of specialist vehicle fleet management to the local authority market.
Essential Fleet Services chief executive Ray O’Toole commented: “Greg brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the business and he’ll be a great asset to our leadership team and board.”
Greg adds: “I am joining the leadership team at Essential in an exciting stage in the company’s development.
“The ambitions of the stakeholders, coupled with the opportunity to create a market leading operation focused on customer service excellence, are extremely compelling.”
ALD managing director Mel Dawson said: “We are very sorry to see Greg leave but we fully understand and respect his decision. It’s an exciting opportunity for him, and the Board and all his colleagues wish him well in his new venture.
“He joined us in 2013 and over the last three years has helped restructure many of our operational back office processes and embed our customer excellence programme. This has helped us significantly during a period in which we have seen our fleet grow by over 30%.”
Commenting on his resignation Greg Taylor said: “the past three years at ALD have been extremely rewarding for me at both a personal and professional level. Even before I joined in June 2013, ALD has always been a company I have admired. This has only been cemented further during my time working with all the team.
“There is a great feeling of loyalty, passion and togetherness at ALD that I have not encountered anywhere else. Mel and the rest of the board have been very supportive of me and my decision and I know I am leaving at a time when the ALD business has never been stronger.”
Mel Dawson will take interim charge of operational responsibilities until a successor is announced.
Greg’s appointment further demonstrates Essential’s ability to attract top talent in the fleet sector and follows the appointment of Ed Hummel as the director responsible for sales just a few months ago.