Drive a Mini Cooper convertible in London for 32p/minute
DRIVENOW, the car-sharing joint venture of the BMW Group and SIXT, has launched the UK’s first convertible car-sharing fleet. 40 MINI Cooper Convertibles will hit the streets of North and East London, available to hire at a rate of 32p per minute, with no added costs for mileage, fuel or insurance.
DriveNow – how does it work
- The carsharing joint venture of the BMW Group and Sixt SE is a car club that operates in London.
- DriveNow offers a range of high quality premium vehicles of the BMW and MINI brands to rent, based on the free-floating principle.
- Driving starts at 32p p/m with fuel costs, parking, insurance and car tax all included.
- DriveNow customers can pick up and drop off a car anywhere within the catchment area of North and East London (Hackney, Haringey, Waltham Forest and Islington).
- With the BMW i3, DriveNow also offers a purely electric mobility solution – the largest electric car-sharing fleet in London (50 cars).
- DriveNow is currently available in London, Munich, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Cologne, Hamburg, Vienna, Copenhagen and Stockholm.
The two-door, four-seater cars will be available in midnight black and pepper white, and with a roof-down time of 18 seconds, the British summer can now be enjoyed impulsively, no matter how short the sunny spell.
DriveNow offers ‘free-floating’ car sharing, which means customers can drop their car off to any residents’ parking or pay-and-display bay, thanks to agreements with London boroughs. This creates a fully flexible service, encouraging one-way on-demand journeys that are more reflective of the needs of modern life than the traditional “return to bay” car clubs offered by competitors.
With over 18,000 members in London since its launch in December 2014, DriveNow currently has 310 vehicles on the streets of North and East London – in the boroughs of Islington, Hackney, Haringey and Waltham Forest.
Aside from the convertibles, DriveNow also offers London’s largest electric car sharing service, with 30 fully electric BMW i3 models available to drive at the same by-the-minute cost.
DriveNow managing director Joseph Seal-Driver said: “With summer fast approaching, we thought it was the perfect moment to launch our fleet of convertibles.
“Convertible cars have always been seen as a luxury item – out of reach for the majority of Londoners, and something that people always dreamt of being able to use in the summer time.
“Now, thanks to DriveNow, anyone can experience the joy of putting the roof down – and then getting rained on five minutes later – for just 32p per minute.”