THE Best Compact SME Company Car for 2016, part of the Business Car Manager’s SME Company Car of The Year Awards, is the MINI Cooper D five-door hatch.
MINI 1.5 Cooper D 5dr
- CO2: 95g/km
- Fuel consumption: 78.5mpg
- Acceleration: 9.4 seconds
- Maximum speed: 126mph
- Insurance group: 15
- P11D value: £17,180
- Company car tax band: 17%
- BIK: £2,921
- Tax at 20%: £584
- Tax at 40%: £1168
The 1.5 Cooper D adds five-door practicality and high fuel economy to this already great-fun-to-drive package.
This MINI Cooper D emits just 95g/km of CO2, so it qualifies for the 100% write-down allowance in the first year and is exempt from road tax while the 78.5mpg mean the MINI should cost pennies to run.
Go for the MINI and you could be paying as little as £48 per month in company car tax, or you can find a lease where you’ll only be shelling out £162.75 per month on a three-year/30,000-mile deal.
“The MINI offers the best mix of driving fun, CO2 emissions, whole life cost and warranty,” said company car expert and awards judge Colin Tourick.
Four key reasons why the MINI won
- Practical five-door styling.
- Great fun to drive
- This Cooper D emits just 95g/km of CO2, so it qualifies for the 100% write-down allowance in the first year – good for small business owners to accelerate cash flow.
- Impresses with its low CO2 emissions, fuel-sipping economy, impressive spec, low costs and low company car tax – so good for company car drivers of SME firms.
Best Compact Company Car. What were the judges looking for?
- When small businesses and SME firms look for staff company cars, they keep it simple. It’s either a compact car or a large car. So we want to find the best car that is sub 4.5m in length that combines fitness for business purpose while also doubling up as a suitable lifestyle car at the weekend.
- Qualifying cars must be efficient on benefit in kind company car tax, have excellent fuel-efficiency and have good running costs.
The SME Company Car of the Year Awards 2016 is sponsored by Fleet Alliance.
Do You Have A Vehicle Leasing Question?