Audi A6 3.0 TDI quattro S line 245PS S tronic
What is it?
AUDI’S answer to the all-conquering BMW 5-Series. The new Audi A6 is made of more lightweight aluminium than ever before, so it’s faster yet cheaper to run and better on company car tax. It gets a smart new A8-style body and a classy cabin with all models getting satnav as standard. Engines range from a front-wheel drive £30,145 2.0-litre diesel SE through the 3.0-litre turbo petrol right up to the 3.0-litre diesel quattro S line tested here, priced at £41,450.
- Looks better than its predecessor with a sleek but sharp shape…
- …complete with LED running lights
- Cabin is first class. All materials are superb and as well as satnav…
- …there’s standard Bluetooth, climate control and 17-inch alloys
- Options include night vision and lane keep assist
- S line models get a bodykit, 18-inch alloys and lowered suspension
- More room than before with space for two six-footers in the back
- Drive Select allows you to tweak the steering, throttle and gearbox
- Range-topping 242bhp diesel does 0-60mph in seven seconds…
- …yet returns almost 50mpg with emissions 158g/km of CO2…
- That means it’s under key 160g/km leasing and writing down tax break
- Four-wheel drive gives real security, handling is safe
- Amazingly quiet and comfortable on the motorway
- The steering is lifeless, no matter the Drive Select mode you choose…
- …and a 5-Series just manages to be so much more fun, as does a Jag XF
- S line models have a very stiff ride too
- Lacks the individuality you’d want from a £40,000 car
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||580 (CH)/£696 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||23%, 24%, 25%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||3.0 V6 turbo diesel|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.