Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro SE 300PS S tronic
What is it?
AUDI’s executive class saloon fitted with a performance 300PS 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine along with the added traction and security of quattro four-wheel drive. While most business car drivers will head for the entry marked diesel in the Audi A6 range, the 3.0 TFSI provides a sporting alternative that’s truly engaging to drive for the business owner that wants something a bit different. The Audi A6 3.0 TFSI SE model tested here, with S tronic automatic transmission, is priced at £39,290.
- If you want understated performance, this is for you
- While the ride quality continues Audi’s current progress…
- …drivers of previous generation A6s will be amazed
- There’s superb handling from the taut, lightweight chassis
- Helped, of course, by Audi’s quattro four-wheel drive transmission
- The steering is sharp and precise
- And the engine has a real hard, sporting edge to its note on acceleration
- Meanwhile, 7-speed S tronic blips encouragingly on the down-changes
- But while this petrol A6 can happily play sports saloons…
- …if you want relaxed motorway travel, it’s quiet and serene
- Additionally, the sports suspension can be tuned to driver preference, from comfort to dynamic
- SE gives very decent equipment tally: alloys, Milano leather, Bluetooth
- …sat-nav with 6.5-inch colour display, with option of Google Earth nav
- Plenty of space in the rear
- And there’s good-sized boot with standard split-fold
- Taste alert for the grey leather interior on our test car
- Direct steering provides little in the way of feedback
- Understated styling perhaps too conservative
- Plenty on the options list to tempt you to up-price…
- …our test car had been loaded to nearly £58k!
- With 190g/km CO2, it’s not on the green side of business motoring
- As a consequence, benefit in kind company car tax is also high
- And the writing down capital allowance is only 10% per annum
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||686/£823 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||28%, 29%, 30%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||3.0-litre V6 petrol|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.
Business Car Manager Road Test RatingAlright, the Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro is not your average business car. By any standards. But it’s a great car to drive. And for those small business owners and SME directors that fancy a large sports saloon with sonorous engine, then this has to be on the list.
For the rest of us though, and most business drivers, it will be more prudent to head towards the list price marked TDI – the driving engagement may be rather different, but the financial aspects for business driving are really more compelling.
For a road test of the Audi A6 3.0 TDI quattro
Click this link: Audi A6: the tax-efficient executive business car.
For a road test of the Audi A6 2.0 TDI
Click this link: A6: class-leading executive business car.